Tuesday, January 5, 2016

"I would like, If I may, to take you, on a strange journey."


Hello, My name is Justin Allen. 
Forgive the clutter...
My life has been a bit of a roller coaster over the past 15 years, and I've gotten to the point where people who don't even know me think I have a story that needs told. 

To make a long story short (Too late) I am a 42 year old who has gone through 4 knee replacements in the past 3 years.

This is the third replacement on my left leg. I have a 240 mm titanium extension going down my leg... lovely

I also weighed 482.2 pounds on March 3rd 2014



Through a lot of hard work and determination, I now weigh around 225 pounds.




  I am co-host of an amazing podcast call "The Comic Book Bears Podcast"!

Available on iTunes

I also made the decision, to leave my family, friends, and furbabies to hike the Appalachian Trail come March 2016.

This decision has been on my mind for many years. In 1998-99 my life was

heading down a different path. I was working for the Boy Scouts of 

America. I had completed the Voyageur training, and had other NCS 

certifications under my belt. I had plans on starting my own trek guide 

service. A series of personal relationship choices led me down a 

completely different path.

One thing to note here. Out of every single thing I have ever done, I only 
regret one thing. That was to smoke cigarettes for 15 years. Everything 
else I've learned from.

I have a few businesses and organizations that will be helping me along
the way, and that I want to help as well. Some have helped me through 
some very dark times, and others have given my life purpose when I've 
needed it.

Over the next few months I hope you'll get to learn a little about me and 
a little about yourself. Please bear with me while I figure out the mobile version
of this. Some posts may not be the prettiest. LOL

You can follow me on Twitter @bearscout07 or on 
Instagram @bearscout05



No comments:

Post a Comment